The three-day training is intense yet very rewarding. The programme includes a mixture of discussions, presentations, one-to-one mentoring throughout the course and up to five practical installations in dedicated training bays. Day three of the course is a full day of Assessement.
The Quick-Step Master Installer Course offers a balanced mix of technical explanations, presentations and practical sessions. It will cover the following topics in great detail:
- Health & safety
- The flooring process and the manufacturing of laminate, engineered and solid wood flooring
- Wood structure and water and their relationship to drying, movement, moisture, saturation and humidity
- Subfloor preparation, types, moisture meters, calculations, smoothing compounds and contaminates
- Adhesive types & application
- Laminate flooring products, underlays, layouts, installation, underfloor heating, stair cases and maintenance
- Real wood Engineered, manufacturing, underlays and acoustics, layouts, installation, underfloor heating, repairs and maintenance
- Solid, engineered and laminate board replacement processes
The Master Installer Course is designed for professional flooring installers with at least two years' experience. The course builds on their knowledge of pre-installation evaluations, screeds, adhesives and more difficult and intricate flooring installations.
On the last day of the course, each participant will be asked to complete a specific task within a certain time frame in one of the training bays. This task will be evaluated by the Training Manager.
Quick-Step will actively promote the skills and professional workmanship of qualified Master Installers. For this reason only the very best flooring installers will receive the Quick-Step Master Installer certification.
Lunch will be provided. All tools required for each course will be provided at the Academy.