The course really demonstrated what I could achieve with focus and clarity, even taking onboard the importance of setting-out to discover where all my cuts would be proved invaluable. (David)
COURSE FORMATThe three-day training is intense yet very rewarding. The programme includes a mixture of discussions, presentations, one-to-one mentoring throughout the course and up to five practical installations in dedicated training bays. At the end of the course, there will be a formal assessment.
COURSE PROGRAMMEThe Quick-Step Master Installer Course offers a balanced mix of technical explanations, presentations and practical sessions. It will cover the following topics in great detail:
- Health & safety
- The flooring process and the manufacturing of laminate, engineered and solid wood flooring
- Wood structure and water and their relationship to drying, movement, moisture, saturation and humidity
- Subfloor preparation, types, moisture meters, calculations, smoothing compounds and contaminates
- Adhesive types & application
- Laminate flooring products, underlayments, layouts, installation, underfloor heating, stair cases and maintenance
- Real engineered wood, manufacturing, underlayments and acoustics, layouts, installation, underfloor heating, repairs and maintenance
- Engineered timber and laminate board replacement processes
TARGET AUDIENCEThe Master Installer Course is designed for professional flooring installers with at least two years' experience. The course builds on their knowledge of pre-installation evaluations, screeds, adhesives and more difficult and intricate flooring installations.
ASSESSMENTOn the last day of the course, each participant will be asked to complete a specific task within a certain time frame in one of the training bays. This task will be evaluated by the Head Trainer. Quick-Step will actively promote the skills and professional workmanship of qualified Master Installers. For this reason only the very best flooring installers will receive the Quick-Step Master Installer certification.
TIMINGDay 1: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Day 2: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Day 3: 9.00am - 5.00pm
PRACTICAL INFORMATIONAccommodation is optional and participants can benefit from our reduced rates on a bed and breakfast basis by staying in our preferred hotel. Lunch will be provided. The all inclusive training will incur an additional of $250.
- Three nights accommodation
- Breakfast at our preferred hotel
- Transport to and from the hotel
- Transport to the airport on departure day